Argus Brewery will host ‘A Feast of Legendary Craft’ beer dinner at Ballydoyle Irish Pub in downtown Downers Grove on Thursday, November 12. Seating is limited, and reservations must be made in advance.
The dinner will feature pairings of Ballydoyle’s traditional Irish fare with five different Argus Brews, including three that are a part of Argus’ “Special Barrel” limited edition beers with exclusive availability – Bock to School, Black Cat Lager, and Rosie Cheeks Saison. Also on the menu are McCaffrey’s Irish Cream Ale and Pegasus IPA.
Guests will have the opportunity meet the Argus Brewery team and brew master, beginning at 6:30 PM, followed by dinner at 7:00 PM.
Registration for this event is closed. Check back on our blog for information about future beer dinners.
– Goat Cheese Salad with a Rosie Cheeks Vinaigrette paired with our Rosie Cheeks Saison, an ale that we used rose hips to impart a slightly tart and jammy flavor that pairs nicely with the farmhouse and clove characters found in our saison yeast.
– Ale, Cheddar and Banger Stew paired with our Pegasus IPA, a full-bodied IPA that embraces a British past with an American hop twist.
– Bock to School Fish & Chips paired with a traditional Helles bock that was brewed and then lagered for over six weeks.
– McCaffery’s Pot Roast paired with McCaffrey’s Irish Cream Ale, brewed exclusively for Ballydoyle Irish Pub.
– Black Lager Milk Shakes paired with our Black Cat Lager, a special dark lager that has hints of chocolate and coffee that utilizes Mt. Hood, Willamette and Hallertau hops for aroma.
Bock to School 6.0% ABV
A traditional Helles bock that was brewed and then lagered for over six weeks. It is lightly hopped and balanced with Pilsner, Munich, Wheat and Honey malts.
Black Cat Lager 5.50% ABV
A special dark lager that has hints of chocolate and coffee that we utilized Mt Hood, Willamette and Hallertau hops for aroma.
Rosie Cheeks Saison 6.25% ABV
An ale that we used rose hips to impart a slightly tart and jammy flavor that pairs nicely with the farmhouse and clove characters found in our saison yeast. This is a robust saison, with a delicate palate.
McCaffery’s Irish Cream Ale 4.14% ABV
A true Irish Cream Ale, McCaffrey’s is steeped in roots of the true Irish style of brewing beer, dating back centuries. Subtle malt aromas of caramel and nuts are followed by a mild yet refined hop nose using imported hops. McCaffery’s is copper in color with a dense, creamy and long lasting head. It is a smooth, light bodied and subtle malty ale.
Pegasus IPA 6.2% ABV
This full-bodied IPA embraces a British past with an American hop twist. We use a blend of English and American malts to create the malty body, which is then complemented by a more assertive dry hopping of American hops. The result is a refreshing grapefruit like aroma and flavor with a toasty malt finish. Perfect for catching up with friends at the pub, this deep amber shade beer pairs well with rich, robust dishes—enjoy with a local curry for the authentic IPA experience.