Argus Pegasus is our full-bodied IPA that embraces a British past with an American hop twist. We use a blend of English and American malts to create the malty body, which is then complemented by a more assertive dry hopping of American hops. The result is a refreshing grapefruit like aroma and flavor with a toasty malt finish.
This beer is perfect for catching up with friends at the pub. It pairs well with rich, robust dishes for the authentic IPA experience. Try enjoying Argus Pegasus IPA with our cheese and sausage soup recipe, found below.
Cheese and Sausage Soup Recipe with Pegasus IPA
- 2 qts water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup powdered ham stock
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3/4 lb cooked breakfast sausage links
- 1/2 bottle of Pegasus IPA
- 1/2 lb margarine
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- In large pot simmer water, black pepper, ham stock and onion for one hour. Strain and return to pot.
- In another pot, prepare a roux by melting margarine until bubbly. Then, whisk in flour, cooking and stirring 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Slowly add hot broth 2 cups at a time to the roux, whisking and cooking until thick and smooth at each addition.
- Slowly add cold milk stirring all the time.
- Add grated cheese a little at a time stirring until thick and smooth and melted.
- Open beer–Drink half the bottle, add the rest to the soup.
- Chop the sausages, add to soup.
- Add chives.
- Keep on very low heat until serving.